Thursday, August 9, 2007

Morning Orchestra

An early morning orchestra
fills my room with melody
rooster's crow awaken
whilst birds hold morning choir

singing at the sill of my window
delighting my heart
drenching my soul
leaving my spirit to sing

lady of dawn, she dances
‘cross stage, great and wide
stirring me from slumber
with morn' softly aglow

lord of sun greets her
with splendid splay of light
kissing the cheek of the lady
then sending her away
to bask another day

wake me, take me
let me be lost in your presence
one more time, amaze me

4 comments:

Mike said...

Welcome to Kentucky Farmer, Tamara! Glad to have you on staff.

Nice little motivation piece you posted here. Kinda makes you want to re-wind the morning and do it all over again. lol I guess there is always tomorrow.

Mike

Emily B said...

Welcome, Tamara!

Emily B said...

Lovely poem!!!! I love mornings, usually . . .

Kentucky Dreamer said...

Thank you both. I look forward to contributing and watching this place grow.